The Busy Giffs: My Version of the Spouse Challenge

August 7, 2016

My Version of the Spouse Challenge


So I got nominated on Facebook, to do the Spouse Challenge. To post 7 pictures of my spouse and I in honor of our love and marriage, which really becomes the best pictures of ourselves, or the most exciting places we've gone, and those aren't the reasons I love him or what I want to show off.

Ironically, it's our 6th anniversary and if I had to pick times that I was truly head over heels in love with him, I don't really have pictures of that.

I loved him for how he looked at me, which can't be captured on the camera. 
I loved my husband when he proposed at the top of the stairs at Plimoth Plantation.
I loved him as he made me laugh throughout our entire wedding, and at the bar after.

I loved my husband when he wrapped his arms around me after finding out we were having Emmalee.
I loved him as he sat on the floor, cursing at the disassembled pieces of her crib.
I loved him, even when he was jobless and didn't feel worthy of love.
I loved him as he told the doctor "Yea, she wouldn't want me to do that" when the doctor told him to hold my leg during delivery, and as I wept happy tears with my arms wrapped around him as he held our daughter.

I loved him as we fought at home because we were so new at being parents.
I loved him as we moved apartments yet again.
I loved him as he worked two jobs to support us as best he can.
I loved him when he supported my decision to go back to school.
I loved him when he laughed at my "so bad" tv shows.
I loved him when he celebrated my entry level job in a school and more so when he again celebrated my promotion.

I loved him when he asked for another baby.
I loved him when we found out we were having another baby.
I loved him when we were afraid we were losing our baby.
I loved him when he beamed, excited for a boy.
I loved him as he held my hand, walking me through the c-section and as we realized our family was complete.

I loved him as he rushed my daughter to the ER after fracturing her foot, 
I loved him as he left work to meet us when Tyler was having trouble breathing. 
I loved him when he held me close after my dad's diagnosis. 
I loved him when he understood what my panic attacks feel like, and when he kissed me off on my overnight walk. 

I loved him when we brought our family to Disney. To Pennsylvania. To New Hampshire. 
I love him when he works a 12 hour day, and still is up with the kids to make sure they have fun.
I love him when I get home from a day of work and laundry and the dishes are done.
I love him when he jumps to take a day off of work, to be with us more.

I love him. Even if I don't have seven pictures of us together to prove it.


Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...