First, we made the original recipe. We changed it by doubling the recipe and using the larger size muffin tins instead. I was apprehensive because a flourless wet mixture doesn't look promising but they came out tasting delicious.
I wanted to see what I could do about eliminating the peanut butter next. If I can make them gluten friendly, maybe I can make them Allergy friendly too. Sure enough, making them with Wow Butter yielded the same taste and consistency!
Peanut Free Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
2 medium ripe banana, peeled
2 large eggs
1 cup WOW Butter (or other soy butter)
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup of mini chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F.
2. Mash bananas well in the bowl.
3. Add the eggs, WOW Butter, honey, vanilla, baking soda and salt to the bowl. Mix well until smooth.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips. Reserve some of the mini chocolate chips for topping the muffins.
4. Fill the muffin cavities 2/3 of the way full then sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top of each.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the muffins are brown around the edges. Muffins are done when an inserted toothpick comes out dry.