I cannot believe I'll be 29 this month!
It's not scary, just surreal. Like, when did I get old? I still picture myself as a 22 or 23 year old but my goodness, how life has changed in these last 6 or 7 years.
I'm excited about my birthday, but it also means I only have one year left to try and complete my 30 by 30 list! I've come to the realization that I probably will not accomplish all of them, and there are a couple I'm not even super concerned about, but I'm still excited to try and accomplish more!
Here's where I stand so far:
Be an English Teacher (have my own classroom)
4. Own a pair of Manolos. (Really not my lifestyle anymore-- might be a pair of Jack Rogers instead)
5. See a show ON Broadway.
6. Run a 5k.
7. Weigh 150 lbs again. (muscle weighs more than fat-- this will never happen. Maybe we'll say, be a size 8/10)
9. Do a photography challenge for a month.
Pay for someone else in the drive through behind me.
11. Get my palm read/fortune told.
Go to a blogging conference.
13. Re-learn how to sew and make a blanket from Em's old clothes. (maybe I'll just get a blanket done, I have no place to set up my sewing machine and I totally don't trust myself with such important items)
Own a car that's less than 5 years old.
15. Go for a weekend trip to Martha's Vineyard.
17. Buy a bicycle. A regular old fashioned bicycle.
18. Go to Vegas for my 30th! (The 29th can count too right?! I just wanted to go!)
19. Start (and keep) a vegetable garden.
20. Spend a day getting pampered.
21. Learn to crochet or knit. (Why was this important to me?!)
Have dinner out with my husband at Top of the Hub or go to Blue Man Group (he's never been!)
24. Wear a bikini to the beach... no cover up.
25. Bring Emmalee to see the Rockafeller Christmas Tree.
26. Do a boudoir photo shoot.
Go to a group fitness class.
Go on our first family vacation (must be out of state, can't be CT)
30. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy.
I'll be heading to Las Vegas to celebrate my birthday with one of my best friends and Dave and I are working on a Broadway show so I'm already getting closer!