The Busy Giffs: Baked Cinnamon Muffin Bites!

May 23, 2013

Baked Cinnamon Muffin Bites!


Every Saturday morning I make breakfast for my little family. 
It's the only morning of the week I'm home, otherwise I'm teaching or waitressing Sunday am breakfast.
I usually make a big deal of it but since I was home all week making breakfast over vacation, I wanted something a little more special that potatoes and eggs or chocolate chip pancakes.

A quick recipe search gave me:

Cinnamon Muffins Recipe


from Taste of Home.

theirs


Ingredients


1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 cup milk


TOPPING:
1/2 cup sugar
11/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 tablespoons butter, melted


  • Directions

  • In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk until well combined.

  • Fill greased muffin cups half full. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.

  • Add butter to a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Dip muffin tops in butter, then in cinnamon-sugar. Serve warm. 

And my final product:


I think they were wonderful and the whole plate of almost 30 was gone in 10 minutes.
The recipe says it makes a dozen but I made mine more "bite size" and got a lot more!

Enjoy!



Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...