The Busy Giffs: Kali from Kaliwood!

April 15, 2013

Kali from Kaliwood!




Today's blogger is Kali from Kaliwood!



About Kali:
I'm a former blonde who refuses to quit. Born and raised in northern Kentucky (there is a difference) I grew up in a suburb just south of Cincinnati, OH. High school was Catholic and all females. That was interesting. I got my Marketing Degree and International Business Minor from the University of Kentucky (I bleed blue for life!). While there I spent a semester studying abroad in Dijon, France. It was the most amazing experience of my life! I visited: Paris, Versailles, Florence, Milan, Rome, Munich, and Barcelona. I now work as an event planner for a sports association and recently became a CMP (Certified Meeting Professional).I grew up playing several sports and still love them to this day. I am athletic and super competitive (even in our social kickball league!) I'm a die-hard fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and the UK Wildcats Basketball. I also love all things girly: shoes, bags, clothes, etc. I call myself a feminist, but not the crazy bra-burning one that comes to your mind. I am passionate about equal rights and about allowing women to be strong, independent people who can also embrace their femininity. 
I have a deep love for fried food and carbs. I'm a wannabe runner as of 2012. Daddy always told me I should be a lawyer because I can spin any situation in my favor and talk my way out of everything. Mom always told me I was the kind of person who can fall into a pile of sh*t and come out smelling like a rose. Maybe those two quotes are telling enough...

Why Kaliwood:
"Kaliwood" is a nickname I was given by a coworker that just stuck. Maybe it's my love of shoes, sparkle, oversized sunglasses, or just the overall glamorous lifestyle. Whatever the reason, I'm definitely a Kentucky-born girl with a Hollywood state of mind.

I blog because I need a creative outlet, a soapbox for my opinions, a great listener when I need to vent, and I love having a community of support! Blogging helps us all remember that we are not alone! And perhaps most importantly, I need to keep up to date on the latest shoe trends, beauty secrets, and have a platform to post a ridiculous amount of pictures of my pets!

Take a journey over to Kaliwood! It's the perfect place for a work get-a-way. Just kick your feet up and stay awhile! :)



You can also find Kali on Twitter & Pinterest!


Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...