The Busy Giffs: Opportunity

October 16, 2012

Opportunity


I really love my job.
I work in a high school, as a paraprofessional supporting a handful of other teachers and giving extra academic support to a decent amount of students.

I get to work one on one with students, update IEP goals, and help students "get it" when it comes to their academics.
It is such a rewarding job but my dream is to be an English teacher.
With my own classes, my own lesson plans.
It's just different.

A teacher is taking  a six week medical leave and the school has asked me to step in and cover her while she's gone!

This is amazing!
I get to show the school how great a teacher I can be.

Oh, and did I mention one of the English teachers is retiring at the end of this year?!

So if I rock those six weeks and show the school how wonderfully amazing I can be, maybe, just maaaaaybe, I'll help land that job next year!
It's hard not to get excited about possibilities!

And today is my first day of it so wish me luck!

Keeping Up With The Giffords

Mom's Grown Up Christmas List

Whenever someone asks for my Christmas wishlist, this song gets stuck in my head... Admit you, you thought about this song too, and i...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...