August 9, 2012

Passive Aggressive


I've found that as of late, I have less tolerance for people than normal.
I'm pretty easy-going when it comes to other people and their lives, but lately I feel like I just want to slap some of my friends...

I'm sure I'll start some fight over this but I need to get it off my chest before I explode.

9 times out of 10, when my friends complain about money I want to smack them.
And not just, oh no, I have no money, sad face.
That, I can deal with. 
It's hard times, everyone is dealing with it.

It's stupid, stupid crap, that people feel they can complain about when they've done nothing to remedy the situation.

A. My friend who complains about not having enough money when she has 3 baby daddies that she collects child support from, which in actuality is more than I make a month is enough for her to not only be able to stay home all day, but afford a manicure every month, 3 large vacations in the past year and the luxury of going out most weekends with her friends.
And then has the audacity to complain to me that "It's so hard".
Really?
Let me try it out for a bit; I'm sure it would be marvelous.

B. Another friend who complains that he has no money and is constantly asking to go out for lunch, meaning I pay, because he has no money from not working. His unemployment check apparently only covers the subs and car parts he buys every week, and not enough to get basic living necessities, like food. Thankfully Daddy pays for his rent or who knows how terrible his life would be.

I mean, I get it, things are bad and times are tough but accept some responsibility for what you have and what you seem to "need".

Maybe I'm jaded because these people who claim to be "scraping the bottom" make more on unemployment and child support than I do working 40 hours a week, with the luxury of seeing their families and having free time.

What it comes down to is how you live is a choice. 
Yes, life throws you curve balls and sometimes you do end up at the bottom of the barrel. 
But that's when you change.
You stop getting your nails done, you stop spending $30 every weekend on drinks, you stop buying things you don't need.
Otherwise, stop complaining.

Someone, somewhere has less.


Source: piccsy.com via Heather on Pinterest


Keeping Up With The Giffords

Top Toys at Blogger Bash 2017!!

Last week, I was lucky enough to attend Blogger Bash in New York City.  I've gone the past three years but the stars were just not align...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...