The Busy Giffs: Back to School?

August 10, 2012

Back to School?


The other night, David got his letter from Umass Dartmouth offering him a great MassGrant so that he can go to school this year!

While he's never been completely excited to go to school, he knows that having a Bachelors is pretty much a necessity so he'd like to finish what he started.

So of course, I logged onto UMD's site to see what he already satisfied and would he'd have to take, which of course led me to looking at my own unfinished transcript...
And after some poking a round I realized that 2 courses and a practicum are all I need to finish a post-bacc program and get my Initial license, which means...

I could graduate in May if I get my butt moving, pay the $200 re-admit fee and put in my re-admit papers, secure the $2500 I would need for this semester (Sallie Mae is a bitch) and just take my courses!

The practicum has always been the scariest thing for me. 14 weeks of unpaid practicum is not exactly possible when you're already struggling with money but with my employment at the school, as long as the teacher I'm working with agrees to let me take over for 2 weeks, there's no reason UMD won't accept it as my practicum, since the school I'll be working at is already an approved practicum school!

I'm beyond excited.

The two courses I need are offered on Tuesday and Wednesday night of the Fall semester so if I can figure out a way to pay for them; David has already talked to the scheduling manager at his job, who says she can give him those two nights off!

We've been toying with the idea of sending Emmalee to the YMCA daycare for 1 or 2 days to start socialization and Dave could take courses during the day!

Will it be a crazy Fall semester? 
Yep. 
But it will pay off in the end.

Cross your fingers (mostly for financing, I'm sure I can figure out the rest!) because I would really, really like for this to work out!!

Did I mention we're going to UMass today? ;)

Keeping Up With The Giffords

Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...