The Busy Giffs: I'm going to Blogher!!

May 3, 2012

I'm going to Blogher!!

I can't even handle my excitement!
Here...

I'll say it again..

I'm going to BlogHer '12

I'm going to BlogHer!!
Well, at least I'm hoping to!

I won a ticket courtesy of Everything Mom!!

BlogHer is a HUGE weekend long conference for bloggers to get together, learn and network! I reeeeeally wanted to go but at tickets close to $300 for the weekend, I really couldn't justify going.  I entered into 4 different contests to try and win!

I still need to finagle sleeping arrangements.
It's taking place at the Hilton in Midtown the first weekend of August and the going rate for the completely booked rooms is over $200 a night.
The hubs has family in CT so I was considering staying there each night and taking the train in but its an hour and a half ride plus I would miss all the night time events, and then I'm really only going to half the conference and at $140 total for back and forth, it has it's drawbacks.
I was offered a spot in a room with a couple other women, bringing my total for 3 nights (Thurs-Sun) to $200.
I can afford that, to be there.
But then I'm away from the princess and the hubs for 3 full days... not sure about that...

I really hope I can figure out something because it's just amazing to me and I wouldn't have this opportunity otherwise.


But since this is my first blogging conference ever, I have a few questions.

-- Where do people get their business cards from? I feel like they are a necessity to network.

-- Am I silly to want those night time events or should I just stay with family in CT to save on the money?

-- How important is a laptop/iPad? Will I be completely weird if I just bring a notebook and then stay connected via my phone and Nook like I always do?


Are you going? Any words of advice?


Ps. Check back NEXT Thursday for my new link up: Thrifty Thursday!



Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...