The Busy Giffs: Book Club!

May 25, 2012

Book Club!



You have NO IDEA how excited I am to be able to ink up for book club again!
It's been almost a full month since I last did!

Book #21



From Amazon:
Jen Lancaster was living the sweet life-until real life kicked her to the curb. 

She had the perfect man, the perfect job-hell, she had the perfect life-and there was no reason to think it wouldn't last. Or maybe there was, but Jen Lancaster was too busy being manicured, pedicured, highlighted, and generally adored to notice. 

This is the smart-mouthed, soul-searching story of a woman trying to figure out what happens next when she's gone from six figures to unemployment checks and she stops to reconsider some of the less-than-rosy attitudes and values she thought she'd never have to answer for when times were good. 

Filled with caustic wit and unusual insight, it's a rollicking read as speedy and unpredictable as the trajectory of a burst balloon.

6 stars of out 5.
Love. Love. Love.
Maybe I'm biased though.

I grabbed this book because of the second part of the title, "Or never carry a Prada bag to the unemployment office", because it my case, it was a Michael Kors bag to the welfare office. 

I feel like I could have written this book, if I was a bigger bitch and actually blew all of my money on names. 
I'm snobby, at time, but I prefer the term "uppity".
I wear pearls 360 days a year and love love love designers.
But I will never be silly enough to pay full price for them. 

I digress.

This book tells a true story of how a woman was doing well, lost it all but had a happy ending.
That's me, I hope.

Had more than enough money to live comfortably, without being ridiculous, and then went months with paying my rent by selling some of things.
We are still barely getting by, but we're getting by, and that's what's important.
I know we have a happy ending coming...

The author, Jen Lancaster, has a book singing slash reading in NYC next Wednesday, when I have the day off and I'm seriously considering hopping the Amtrak with Emma to go meet her.

I loved this book and will absolutely be reading the others she wrote!

Keeping Up With The Giffords

Mom's Grown Up Christmas List

Whenever someone asks for my Christmas wishlist, this song gets stuck in my head... Admit you, you thought about this song too, and i...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...