March 8, 2012

Vacation


I'm doing something I almost never do...
planning a vacation.
Ok, well compared to other people it's not really a vacation but I don't really do big vacations.
Ok, that's another lie.

I have had some amazing vacations.
Belize. Paris. Fort Lauderdale.

But more often than not, I'd rather just drive to a hotel and spend the night in a jacuzzi tub (thoroughly bleached of course).
So that's what I'm planning.

All I want is two nights, away from home, away from work, just away with my husband and baby. I feel like we've been going nonstop since the week before we got married and with our taxes coming in, I feel like I need to dedicate a couple hundred dollars to us just escaping for a few days.

I'm thinking York Beach, Mystic, North Conway or New York City.
Either in May, immediately after Dave's birthday or sometime in July.

Mystic would have the aquarium, the boardwalk and Dave's family is close!
It's been years since I've been to York Beach.
North Conway has the outlets; it truly is tucked away and relaxing but lacks the "baby stuff".
And NYC is crazy and amazing but may be too much to drag her through, although if we do go I'd want to take Dave to see the new ball fields!

It's too soon this month, April we have an amazing thing planned at Fenway Park, May is Dave's birthday and June is Emma's baptism and birthday! Yikes!

As amazing as flying to some remote island would be, having a soon to be 1 year old in tow, doesn't seem ideal. And honestly, if I had to choose between one big vacation or 4 little ones, this year, I'd rather have the little ones.

I seriously think we'll end up in Mystic for a night or two, maybe make our way to Mohegan for dinner at Margaritaville (finally) and just be a family. Can't you just feel summer already!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...