The Busy Giffs: Christmas Recap.

December 27, 2011

Christmas Recap.

This may or may not have been the most relaxed Christmas I remember having.

Going into this year I knew that Christmas was going to be different.
I love Christmas.
Love. Love. Love.
Christmas Specials on TV. Giving gifts. Watching other people's expressions as you give them gifts.
Giving presents is my favorite part of the holiday but I knew this year funds were tighter and I couldn't be as obscene with gifts as I normally am.
So instead I just focused on being there.

Maybe I'm a jerk for thinking my presence is a present, but let's be honest, it's not me, it's Emma. :)
It was her first Christmas and it was so amazing, even if she doesn't even understand it yet.

Our Christmas literally lasted the whole weekend.
My brother came home so we had a great get together at Nannie's so everyone could see him, eat some great food and just relax.


The family! Plus Nannie and my very active God-daughter!


... a better view of Emma's ugly cute sweater.

It was a blast and we just laughed the whole night. I love having Nick home and seeing my mom when he's around is just amazing. She just lights up.

Saturday, the hubs picked up some extra hours at work, someone's gotta pay for all those gifts! so Em and I went to mom's so we could see Nick again. We made the rounds at some friends houses.


just eating a candycane. at 6 months old. nbd.
someone will call child services on me for this, I'm sure.

It was a long night but knowing we had big plans on Sunday, we made sure we went home early enough for her to get a good night's sleep. Plus, Santa was coming so we had to get to bed!

This is what we woke up to...


Santa was good to Emmalee!
Even the pups got new beds, new collars and a squeak ball each !
(RIP squeaky balls-- you had a good couple hours)
Em was a big fan of her gifts...


looking a lot like her daddy... :)



Watching her unwrap presents was easily one of the cutest things I've ever seen.



give it back daddy...

Soon after, we packed up and headed back to my mom's for more gifts!
Emmalee got to spend a lot of time with Nicholas!
He made her a blanket, she got books, clothes and an American Girl doll!





And this is what it looked like when we got home and unpacked the car...


We were so so blessed this year and honestly, just spending the weekend with husband and daughter was the most amazing gift I could get. Not that I don't love my new clothes, my new Cricut machine to perpetuate my scrapbooking addiction, beautiful new Vera, my new bracelet and so much more but they are just stuff. Great stuff, but still just stuff. 


The best thing I had all weekend was seeing my brother all weekend and spending so much time with the people I love.

And that's really what the holiday is all about.
Giving the gift of love.

Hope you had a holiday weekend as amazing as mine! 

Ps. Remember this blog about her ornaments? 
This what it looked like in the end.








photobucket

Getting Pretty at Salon V Beauty Lounge

Can I start off by saying I love  that I have a job where I follow my dreams? You may or may not know that I just took a super scary jump a...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...