September 22, 2011

You moved again?

Yes, I did. I don't understand why people are so caught up in that fact. For those of you who don't know, I moved out of my parents house (after moving back in after an ex and I split and I moved out of our condo-- different story for a,, well, probably never but that's fine) in February of 2010 after a huge blowout with my Dad and David and I moved in together. We had a crappy 2 bedroom 2nd floor apartment in New Bedford but it's what we could afford and they took the dogs. We found out we were pregnant in October and when our lease ran out (February 2011) we stayed in the same complex but moved to a ground floor unit which was tucked back more in the residential area and less in the commercial part with the highway and the traffic. This apartment was offered to us on Wednesday and we jumped at the chance to move again.

Are we nomadic? No.
Do we enjoy moving? No.

But... here's the BIG thing.. it's whats best for us.


One of my not so smart friends still couldn't grasp it after explaining it that way so I tried again:

If you were unemployed, and were offered a job at McD's flipping burgers, you would most likely take it.
If after a year, McD's offered you a supervisor role you'd probably still take it even though you'd still be working at McD's.
Now say, after 6 months of managing at McD's, Pamera Bread calls and wants you-- would you not take the job simply because you only started your otehr job 6 months ago?

No, you would take the new job because you like it more and it's better for you and your goals (not bashing McD's, just saying.)

Get it? So to emphasize my point...


This is what my old bathroom looked like. 
Why's the bathroom ceiling look like garbage, you ask??
Because there was MOLD growing in the ceiling and that's how they replaced it.


This is our bathroom now.

I don't think I can make it any clearer...

Unpacking is still taking over my life but we're starting to organize things, paint some furniture and I am loving the ideas I'm getting from Pinterest!

It's coming together nicely and I promise, I will have a full tour up soon. :)






Best Things for Moms from Blogger Bash 2017

I already shared my favorite toys of Blogger Bash's Sweet Suite , but think I need a few minutes to talk about the amazing things that d...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...