June 22, 2011

A Scare & A Success.

So this morning was a bit scary.  When I went to move in bed I felt something strange happen.  I felt something come out of me.  I yelled to Dave to come lay with her so i could use the bathroom. Sure enough, when  pulled down my pants, there was a ping pong ball sized clump of blood.  I started to freak out just a bit, obviously afraid that I was hemmoraging, and trying to think back the past few days to gauge how much blood I had seen.  Even though I couldnt think of anything out of the ordinary I wanted to call the doctor about the clot.  At the hospital last week I had a MUCH smaller clot, like the size of a paperclip, and the nurse had said it was ok, but anything larger and they needed to be informed.

I called my doctors office, explained what had happened and the receptionist asked "How fast can you get here? Can you be here at 9:40?" and it was 8:50 so i said yes, no problem but Im thinking to myself "Why do I need to get there right away?" Obviously I'm scared at this point. I packed up Emmalee and we went to Wareham so I could get checked out. Thankfully, after an internal exam, the doctor told me that it was simply a very large clot left over from the birth and my uterus has probably shrunk and had to push it out. So I can relax and not freak out about anything going wrong.  I'm not overdoing activities and I'm not hurting myself so I get to keep going and just need to wait for my body to recover.

But while at the doctors I did get a nice surprise! I stepped on the scale and... wait for it... wait for it...

I'm back to my prepregnancy weight already!!!!

9 days post partum and I'm back down to what I was before. I can tell that the weight is in different places; my boobs are bigger, my stomacch needs a good toning and my arms and face are skinnier but I want to keep going.  I've had weight issues since my bobbs came in back in seventh grade and I've always fluctuated up and down.  I reached my heaviest point (while not pregnant) December of 2008.  I kept getting it down and down but then after the wedding I got comfy again plus the pregnancy and its all come on.  My goal is to keep losing weight.  I have a number in mind, which I dont want to share quite yet, but I am hoping that I can get there.  But for now, I'll just pride myself on getting back to zero preggo weight!

Top Toys at Blogger Bash 2017!!

Last week, I was lucky enough to attend Blogger Bash in New York City.  I've gone the past three years but the stars were just not align...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...