April 29, 2011

Weird day.

So today I felt weird when I woke up... like I didn't feel like my stomach was pulling me towards the ground and I had energy. I don't know, everything is okay... the baby is still kicking away but my belly is higher again.  You can see it in the mirror when I turn; the baby is definately back up.  Kind of sad but good because it's not as uncomfortable as it was.  I guess today I just feel fat rather than pregnant, its hard to explain.

You know why it happened? Because yesterday I packed my hospital bag so of course things would take a jump back immediately after.  It was wierd packing a bag.  My stuff, baby clothes, just weird to think that I'll actually need it in about a month.  In the meantime, everythign else is just about ready.  We have diapers and wipes and the swing came in a couple days ago so now we're just working on paying off the swing... only a couple more dollars to go! We woudl have it paid off but we opted for something that had some more use for us instead; we bought a chest freezer!  We eat a lot of frozen stuff, mostly because we work such opposite schedules.  Hot pockets make a quick lunch while I'm at work for him, and I'm obsessed with Digiorno pizza so when they are on sale it kills me that we have such a small freezer.  Target ( I know, I'm obsessed!!) had a 3.5 cubic foot freezer on sale for the same price as the 1.6 cubic foot one! Unfortuentely its a little big for the kitchen so its right inside the living room but with the extra space I can stock up on chicken breasts, hot pockets, digornio pizzas, veggies and ground beef (which are ALL on sale this week at Stop and Shop!) and it's less that I will worry about after the baby comes. 

Speaking of which, I made one of the hardest phone calls I have ever made today.  I am a very proud person.  My mom raised me to take care of myself.  "There is always a way", that's what I always believed.  That being said, I called New Bedford's "Transitional Services" department... and yes, it's just a nice way to say Welfare.  I want to believe in my heart of hearts that we have enough saved up and we'll be fine but I want to know for sure.  I creid on the phone to this woman because I was so embarrassed that I needed to look at the avenue but I need to be sure that I can provide for the baby.  God forbid something happen and we need to give our savings to someplace else, assistance will make eevrythign a  lot easier.  I'm not looking for daycare and cash and food stamps and all that but if WIC won't accept us until I give birth and am actually out of work, I need to look at other options. I don't wnat to keep any help after I get my feet back into work but I may need that help while I am on leave. It's hard to admit out loud but I guess this is what being a parent is... not caring so much about how you look or feel but focusing on the good of the baby instead. 

Getting Ready for Disney - Magic Ears

We were provided these ears in exchange fr our post, however, we searched them out because we loved them so much! All thoughts and opinions ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...