The Busy Giffs: Friends.

March 8, 2011

Friends.

I know I've said it before but it's very hard for me keep up with some of the friendships I used to have.  I'm booked solid, constantly, when I'm not I'm exhausted.  I'm not complaining about my schedule. Personally, I love it and I'm pretty sure it's why I havent ballooned to 300 pounds. 

If I sub that day, I'm working Monday through Friday from 7-3ish. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday I have class from 4-6:30.  I waitress on Friday from 5 to 8 or 5 to 9, waitress 12-8 or 4-9 on Saturday nights and manage from 6:30 until about 3 or 4 on Sundays.  If I want to go out it's usually happening on a Sunday or Monday night, otherwise I'm really not able to.

It makes it hard to set up plans because I dont want to call someone and be like "Hey, lets grab dinner, oh but I'm only free on Sunday and Monday after 5".  That's obnoxious for the person on the other end.  No one has those times off, they have weekends off but I enjoy my work weekends, keeps me busy and my wallet full.

If by some strange chance I do get a weekend night off, I really can't go to the club or pull an all nighter after a bar. I'm concerned about sound levels, I can't drink, and anything past 10:30 or 11 at night and I'm garbage.  Very few of my friends are where I am in my life and I don't want to make them have a crappy time just becuase I need to be more careful with where I put myself lately. 

It's hard.  Very hard. To go on facebook and see pictures of all my friends at a bar or dancing at a club and then being told "Well we didn't invite you because we know it's not your thing"... sucks.  I miss my friends and I miss just being able to relax and hang out.  I seriously think I remind myself of how I was when I was like 16. My ideal "fun times" are going to the mall to shop, have people over for tacos, vegging watching a movie with friends, or going exploring of some place new.  Unfortunelty for me, most people my age would rather hit a bar, go to a club, grab a late night drink, or get dressed up and go all out.  I love that about my friends, it's just not what I need right now.

All of that being said, last night was wonderful.  I went to my friend, and old co-workers, Amanda's house.  She lives in New Bedford and has an 18 month old.  Fallyn, one of my bridesmaids, also went over.  David went to school with Amanda's husband Caleb and honestly, they are just hilarious to be around.  So 3 of us, a husband, and a little one.  We just talked all night.  I got there at 5 and didn't leave until 11.  Fallyn made baked shells and we sat and ate and talked all night.  I havent been so relaxed and happy with friends in a long time.  It was effortless.  They weren't doing the "uggggh, when's the pregnant one going to leave so we can drink?" or dropping the "well, this is fun but I really wish we could have gone to a bar"...

I do not resent or regret getting pregnant. Not for a single moment of my life. I love it. I love everything about my little one and can not wait 12 more weeks until I meet the little guy or girl. However, I am very thankful that I have friends like Amanda and Fallyn who reminded me that I shouldn't have to apologize for being pregnant.  No one is forcing you to be my friend and if my busy schedule and new set of values doen't work for you, then I guess you should go find some new friends at the bar.

I had to be the first to grow up, give up things, and focus on a life besides my own. Crazy nights out are now quiet nights in. I wear sweat pants instead of skinny jeans, and slippers instead of stillettos.  I take naps and wake up every three hours to pee.  I get to sit home and worry until my loved one comes home safe from roads filled with drunk drivers. This is all now part of my job description. Acknowledge it, respect it, and appreciate it because I'm giving these crazy changes 100%. It's not easy, but it's worth it ♥




Easy Halloween Brownies

Did you know that in addition to coffee and mac and cheese, Halloween is another one of those things that everyone else seems to love and I ...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...