February 13, 2011

Korea.

My brother left for Korea today. He's in the Air Force but if I tell you any more than that, I'll have to kill you so we'll leave it at that. For extra safety sake, I'm just going to refer to him as "my brother" and even though I want to post pictures, I'm not going to. :)
He's only going for a couple weeks and I know that he is lucky that Korea is where he is off to and no where else but its still scary and a bit nervewracking. 

My brother and I did not always get along. In fact, we pretty much despised each other for a long time.  I was the big sister and his teachers all expected him to be like me and even though my mom wont admit it, I'm pretty sure he's the favorite.

The wierd thing is, now that we've grown up a bit, we've gotten really close. When he was little, he never wanted to leave the house. He was an extreme homebody.  he had a bunch fo friends and they would all come over but he never wanted to go anywhere. I, on the other hand, wanted to be everywhere else. Actvities, sleepover camps, anything to go somewhere else. Now, he's living in Ohio and hates coming home for more than a few days and I can't stand being away from home for more than a night. We've experienced a complete role reversal.

When he said he wanted to joing the Air Force, I was shocked.  It meant moving, traveling, and being far away for a long time.  He was nervous and when he graduated boot camp, I was in Texas to cheer for him.  I was very proud of my brother because I never thought he'd do somethign like that.  He is amazing at what he does.  I know I'm biased because he's my brother but he really is amazing.  Everyweek theres a new article about him being honored as "Airman of the Week" or "Airman of the Quarter", he's insane.

Originally, I was sad that he was going but when I look at how happy and content he is doing it, and how well he is doing at it, it makes me realize that its where he's supposed to be. He is an amazing young man and if he ever read this he'd say somethign along the lines of "Thats so gay, you're retarded for writing that" but I want everyone else to know how amazing he is and if you can spare a few minutes to say an extra prayer for his speedy return home I know I (and my mom) would be super grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...