The Busy Giffs: Deal #2.

February 24, 2011

Deal #2.

So last night after class, I went to Walmart. I was picking up a gift that we had site-to-store'd.  But me, being the super frugal person I am, decided I would look at the clearance stuff in the baby section.  I know I need to wait for the shower before I really start shopping but I've gotten amazing deals on the crib, the stroller, and the car seat that I figure if I'm spending less than half of what it normally is, I might as well get it and save everyone the extra cash.

Also, everyone knows we are going neutral, sticking to a co-ed jungle/safari/zoo theme with lots of animals and colors.  So when I'm looking at Walmart clearance, I see this adorable crib set that is exactly that... called Safari Friends by Lil Kids.  Normally $100, clearanced out for $80.  However, because our Walmart is kind of special they had put a sticker for $12.88 on it. I figured why not, let's see what happens.  I'm not going to kick a gift horse in the mouth. And I figure if they said "Oops, wrong sticker, it wasn't meant to be" and I wouldn't think another thing about it. But the stars have seemed to align for all my other baby purchases, I figured why not.

I bring it up to the register, the associate scans it and it rings in at, not $12.88, but $5.00.  Seriously? She doesn't even give it a second look, just bags it right up. Part of me thinks she's a moron and the other part of me thinks she's amazing.

So lets total this up:

2 Travel systems- 2 strollers, 2 car seats & 2 car seat bases @ 35.99 each
(1 stroller for us, 1 for my mom; 2 car seat bases for mine & David's cars and we're still   figuring out what to do with the extra car seat... maybe we'll sell it and get some of our money back...)
1 crib set @ 5.00
1 crib and mattress at 107.00 (regularly $158 for the crib & $50 for the mattress)

... prices like this & I could seriously LOVE baby shopping!

Mom's Grown Up Christmas List

Whenever someone asks for my Christmas wishlist, this song gets stuck in my head... Admit you, you thought about this song too, and i...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...