The Busy Giffs: Day 24 — A movie no one would expect you to love

January 28, 2011

Day 24 — A movie no one would expect you to love

This topic is actually surprisingly difficult for me to write on. 
I like movies. I like them a lot. And now that I can go watch them for free while David's at work, or if he comes with me, I like them even more. However, I went through a phase where I needed to own every DVD ever made and now.. ehhh. They just dont have the appeal. I'll grab one every once in a while before bed but usually I have a book instead.
If you look at my current movie collection, which has been whittled down quite a bit in the past few years, the first thing you'll notice is my ungodly collection of Disney movies. Not just Disney, but ANIMATED Disney. I'm a five year old, it's fine. 
Next you see our "stupid funny" movies... Superbad, SNL Specials, Robin Hood: Men In Tights, Borat, etc.
Next: The girly movies: Sex and the City Seasons, How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days, Serendipity, etc.
And finally: The Action/Drama/Superhero movies: Die Hard, Spiderman, The Dark Knight, etc.
No where in there will you find a scary movie, a gross gut infested movie, or a documentary. Even suspensful, frigthening movies are yucky.
I have an extremely active imagination and after seeing the Ring, I couldn't look out my bedroom window at night or use the bathroom without turning on every single light on the way. I know it's fake but my crazy dreams are pretty vivid and I can imagine and recreate just about anything I (don't) want it to.
That being said, I throughly enjoy Zombieland, The Sixth Sense, and Gone Baby Gone. All gross "somethings going to jump out at you" movies. I dont know why. They are definately not favorites but I like them and I think that they are unexpected for me.
Honestly: give me Dispicable Me, The Other Guys, or just about anything with Will Ferrell in it, and I'll be a happy little scootch.

Holiday Hot Toy: LuvaBella Doll

The LuvaBella Doll was provided in exchange for this review, however, as always all thoughts and opinions are my own. This post contains af...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...