January 21, 2011

Day 17-- An art piece

And in true Heather fashion, you're getting two. The first is a piece that everyone thinks is my favorite. It's easy to assume, I have a phone cover of it, a poster of it, even my little sisters have created their own versions of it for me. I love it, its a gorgeous painting but its overcommercialized and loses some of its magic that way...


Van Gogh's Starry Night

Everyone knows it and everyone loves it. I still need to get to MoMA so i can actually see it firsthand. What a lot of people dont know about me is that I'm a super art geek.  I LOVE art, to the point where I took 4 art history classes at Bridgewater State my first two years because I was convinced that I could minor in it and not kill myself from an overloaded course load.

There are very few paintings that I can't tell who they are just by looking at them.  I love Van Gogh, Klimt, Botticelli, Monet, Manet, Dali, Michaelangelo, Raphaelle, Leonardo, Seurat, Renoir, Vermeer, and of course my favorite painting is by another very famous artist: Picasso.


Now depending on where you look its entitled "Hands with Flowers", "Flower Bouquet", or "Bouquet of Flowers", which as you can understand makes it slightly difficult to find.

I ahve no idea why I love it so much. It's juvenile, it's bright, it's happy and not enough other people have disected it for me to tell me what its supposed to mean.  And isnt that why people gravitate towards art-- because it ahs no meaning? To me it looks like flowers, but tomorrow, it could be a peace offering, and the next day it could be lovers exchanging a gift. I cant ask Picasso or anyone who would have been around when it was made so I have to let me mind imagine what it wants and get lost in the simplicity that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...